Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dinner at Tamarine

So we had a celebratory dinner last night at Tamarine; chief among the things celebrating was Ana's birthday!!! (In my defense, we were traveling during her real birthday, and hit a series of delays, which made Will sick, and made celebrating her birthday difficult. The real enemy here is American Airlines.) The food was fantastic. Initially I thought the place was overrated, but every time it has gotten better (it helps that I usually manage to find somebody else to pay for it, thank you Wilson Sonsini!).

Here's what we had:

Shrimp cupcakes: absolutely fantastic--tender shrimp in a fried shell and a great sauce.
Banh Roti: about what I'd expect fried, flaky Naan bread to be like, with another great dipping sauce.
Papaya salad: fresh, crisp, and cold taste, but outshone by the other appetizers.
Three-Squash Scallop Curry: great flavor and the squash and scallops had great texture; made for a tasty mix with the coconut rice, but too few scallops and too many squash.
Lamb chops w/fries: perfectly cooked and delicious, and I'll confess that at one point (or two points) I used my hands.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How did you know I would ask what you what you ate?! You know me too well kids. Or at least my food fixation.