We've been to the San Jose Discovery Museum before, but Will and Max (his first time) had more fun than before, which means better pictures, which means time for a new blog post. We lucked out that they were having a Bob the Building exhibit, which Will sprinted to right away. I don't think Will knows that much about Bob and his crew -- we're mostly a Curious George family, with some Thomas the Train and that ridiculous garbage robot from Pixar thrown in (Wall-E?) -- but there were forklifts, and front loaders, and all sorts of fun things.
Unfortunately, a lot of the parts were display only, which is kind of sad. I'm not sure what use a forklift is if you can't climb on the forks. But Will still had fun running around in there from tractor to tractor. (I'm actually not supposed to refer to them all as tractors. Will is very clear about this. Front loaders are front loaders, forklifts are forklifts, and so on. But I don't really know how else to refer to the whole lot of them.)
Perhaps Will's favorite section both times has been the water works. There's a couple of stations here, and the pictures aren't always the best because it's hard to take pictures when I'm playing with the water pipes too. Will's favorite are the two whirlpools. The small one you can just walk up to and drop the ball in; the big one you have to put the ball in a little tube that shoots it through the air.
Max enjoys watching the water works too, and would probably quite happily soak himself if his mom weren't around to keep track of him.
The ambulance was also a big hit for Will, both as driver and patient.
We also built an arch together that we then walked over.
Will, it appears, is also a budding artist, which either says he takes after the Theodosis side of that family, or the genes on the Haymore side sometimes skip a generation (like Teenwolf, just without the hair. Although there are Haymore genes for that too.)
Max had a blast in a special room all for infants. In a little cube of mirrors he found multiple copies of his favorite person in the world to play with. There was also a set of stairs and a wavy ramp to climb up. If I had any practical skills whatsoever, I would try to build this at home. And then we could charge admission. And then I could keep going to school for the rest of my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment